Sell-side and buy-side advisory services
We work with buy-side and sell-side mandates (including M&A transactions), taking responsibility of the process of finding and contacting suitable targets, and advising on the transaction for our client through its execution. Our services are not limited to specific industries.
We provide our clients with full scale corporate finance services, representing the seller or buyer – starting with feasibility studies, document preparation, structuring deals, assisting with negotiations, carrying out due diligence and preparatory work for execution of the deal. Company sell-side and buy-side advisory services managed by Sentio typically involve the following steps:
- Analysis. We start by identifying the market potential and those aspects of the company that make it successful. This is what buyers need to understand in order to offer the best price.
- Selection of potential targets on the basis of the buyer’s or seller’s strategy, and on analysis of the targets’ fit with the client’s company and likely interest in the transaction.
- Preparation of materials. The necessary materials for the project (including teasers, presentations, information memorandums, valuation calculations) are tailored to our client’s specific profile, highlighting the company’s present achievements and future possibilities, as well as the strength of the management team. Thorough preparation is important in order to achieve the best possible result on a transaction.
- Contacting potential investors. Sentio avoids mailings in favor of direct contact with decision makers at our targeted list of potential acquirers (buyers). Each of the selected potential buyers is contacted individually by telephone or meeting to assess their level of potential interest in particular economic sector. We sometimes utilize our network of M&A advisory contacts in other countries to help us approach potentially interested parties in these markets.
- Further Communications with Interested Parties. An exchange of information will follow the contacting of potential partners and/or buyers and sending teasers, Sentio will invest significant time and resources on further communication– responding to information requests, arranging visits to the Company by the possible buyer and participating in such visits and further negotiations. Confidentiality Agreements are signed with those parties receiving sensitive information about the Company.
- Obtaining Expressions of Interest. After the potential buyers have learned about and visited the Company, preliminary indications of interest and valuation from buyers are solicited. Once indications of interest have been received, Sentio determines, together with the client, which candidates offer the best price and conditions.
- Negotiations. We coordinate the final negotiation process after evaluating indications of interest, in an effort to assist the clients to get the price and conditions. We also advise on the transaction process and structure between the parties involved (including assistance with a Letter of Intent, Sales-Purchase Agreement, and other closing documentation). Sentio also helps a client coordinate due diligence, organize a data room and can assist with arranging financing for a transaction, if so requested.
- Closing of the transaction. After a Letter of Intent and Sale-Purchase Agreement, prepared by professional legal advisors, are signed, Sentio assists in completing the transaction successfully in a rapid and efficient manner. This is one reason why Sentio has enjoyed repeat business from clients.